[Coco] Coco3 Motherboard Drivewire ROM

Bruce Borer brucep.borer at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 15:26:43 EST 2024

Hi Charlie,
    Instead of burning several EPROMs why not replace the EPROMs with
FLASH and support several versions of the PROM.
This is what I am building right now.  My design does not require any
trace cuts on the main board but does require some
additional signals added from the main board to my plugin PCB.
    My FLASH design can be installed on a Cartridge that has a
socketed 8K EPROM or the CoCo 3's 32K EPROM.
I intend to put it in my Floppy drive controller and experiment with
several mods to the code.  There are simple POKEs to make the second
side of of double sided floppy drives as a another floppy.  I have
developed another version to use 80 tracks instead of the standard 35
tracks.  It is working but not fully tested and it takes a lot of
POKEs.  I want to have the CoCo boot in that mode but be able to
switch back to the standard version.

If any one interested in a copy let me know and I will contact you
when it is fully tested.

Bruce P.B.