[Coco] NitrOS9/EOU Version 1.0.1 released

Alex Evans varmfskii at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 11:23:33 EDT 2024

On Tue, Apr 9, 2024 at 6:26 AM Carlos Camacho via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com>
wrote:

> Does the Pascal compiler from OS9 work without issues in NitroOS9? Think
> under OS9 it was released as v2.0. I would some attention to that compiler
> with some ability to compile to 6309.

IIRC it works fine under level 2, so I think it should have no issues under
NitrOS9.

I don't recall if it had any joystick support, graphics support and
> windowing support. I have a vague memory of talking to a 3rd party
> developer who made such a library.

There is no explicit support for graphics or windowing, but that can easily
be accessed using the normal I/O interface to send the appropriate text
sequences. It is also possible to link in assembly language routines and
perform separate compilation (even making support modules). Note that
anything dealing with filenames, separate compilation, and linking with
other languages is all non-standard Pascal.