[Coco] WinCMOC and conio.h (attn: Pierre Sarrazin)

Carlos Camacho idevgames at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 15:55:16 EDT 2023

Hello folks,

I have been teaching an LLM A.I. the structure and libraries related to
CMOC. I've taught it a great deal and hope to use it to assist in coding.
As I was looking for additional libraries to train it, I ended up on
SourceForge and noticed the WinCMOC project. This is a port of the CMOC
compiler for Windows written by Pierre Sarrazin.

I'm a super C language newbie, and coming from PASCAL (at the height of my
programming days using a VAX.)

I noticed many graphics C programs in the repositories of WinCMOC and many
of them referenced "conio.h". So I had to google it and found "The conio.h
is a header file that contains utility functions to perform input and
output operations to the console from the C program. This header file is
mostly used by MS-DOS compilers like Turbo C."

My best understanding is that conio.h was ported to the CoCo and many of
the C examples in WinCMOC take advantage of it for graphics, I/O, etc,

Can anyone shed some light on this? CMOC has the libraries Bgraph, BSound,
and BControl but conio.h looks to be very interesting.

Thanks and again, I'm a C newbie so please use simple English. LOL

Carlos Camacho