[Coco] Sodering Iron

bester at adamswells.com bester at adamswells.com
Thu Nov 23 17:38:43 EST 2023

On 2023-11-23 2:06 pm, coco--- via Coco wrote:
> All
>
> Hi I have not had good success at Soldering, I think that to start with
> I need
> a better Iron. Any sugestions Buget Max $175.
>
> Was thinking about this one:
>
> https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077JDGY1J/ref=twister_B0BZQPMKF3?_encoding=UTF8&th=1
>
> Charlie

I went with the Hakko FX888D and haven't regretted it. The iron is
lightweight, and the cord is flexible enough that it doesn't interfere
with my work. It quickly gets up to temperature and holds it.

A new soldering iron won't magically improve your soldering, but poor
tools will make for poor work - And we sold a lot of poor soldering
irons at the Shack. What kind of soldering iron are you using now? Are
you working with leaded or SMT?