[Coco] Business Meeting and Picnic

johnmarkmelanie at gmail.com johnmarkmelanie at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 19:45:39 EDT 2023

All,

The next Glenside Business meeting is July 6th, 2023.

At the meeting, I would like to discuss the picnic.

I would like the picnic to be in West Dundee, Illinois.

If the weather is nice, we can go to Grafelman Park. And if the weather is
bad, we can go to Emmett's Brewing Company for lunch.

The park is at the top of a steep hill so some people may need to drive to
the park.

The Underground Retrocade is nice and roomy. It is a 1980s arcade. You can
play all day for $20.00 per person and you can leave and come back again.

Around the Corner Candy has candy cigarettes.

Van's Frozen Custard has desert.

There is a Riverwalk along the Fox River that is nice and long.

And if you want to stick around for supper, I recommend Woodfire Dundee
Pizza restaurant. They have gluten-free pizza. But they do not open until
4:00 pm.

If you don't mind walking, you can park behind the Underground Retrocade and
walk ever ware else.

Make a day of it. Eat lunch go to the arcade for an hour, take the
riverwalk, visit the cany store, get a Banna split or a snow cone at Van's,
one more hour at the arcade. Now that is what a I call a retro progressive
picnic.

We can choose a messaging app like Telegram or Discord "CoCo Discord" Events
Picnic, so we can communicate and coordinate.

Note: I do not like the galloping ghost arcade because I am not skinny
enough to get down the narrow aisles if someone else is playing and standing
in the same aisle.

Check you calendar and see what date are available for you.

If you do not have plans for the 4th of July, then you need to start now.

July 6th is the Glenside Business Meeting. (We can discuss picnic plans at
the meeting)

Possible Picnic Dates:

Saturday August 5th Schools out vacation

Saturday August 12th Schools out vacation

Saturday August 19th Schools out vacation

Saturday August 26th Perfect

Saturday September 2nd (to close to VCFMW? And Labor Day Weekend)

Saturday September 9th (Conflicts with VCFMW)

Saturday September 16th (to close to VCFMW?)

Saturday September 23rd Perfect

Saturday September 30th (too cold?)

If you can not make it to West Dundee, Illinois this year then think about
planning something near you. And I may be able to help. I happen to know
that there are a number of members in the Redman Washington area.

Check out the Retro Directory for ideas.

https://retro.directory/

John Mark Mobley

(847) 409-8604

 <mailto:johnmarkmelanie at gmail.com> johnmarkmelanie at gmail.com