[Coco] The Coco Nation News stories for Episode 318, June 24, 2023

Robert "Exile In Paradise" Murphey exile at weylan-yutani.com
Sun Jun 25 10:10:01 EDT 2023

The Coco Nation News stories for Episode 318, June 24, 2023
Collected by L. Curtis Boyle and Mark Overholser

June 23, Ken and I will hopefully be reporting live from BoatFest while
Mark Overholser hosts the news, and Sloopy hosts the Game On Challenge.

August 12 we have Matt Harper on (developer of Wizard's Den sold by Tom
Mix Software).

August 19 we have a special treat - the original programmer of The Contras
for Sundog Systems, Doug Masten - and Glen Dahlgren who ran Sundog (and
who has been on the show several times before, including during our Dave
Dies interview) will be on to help co-interview Doug about one of the most
ambitious Coco 3 games done at that time (1991-1993)

Coco 1/2/3 (and multi-platform)
-------------------------------
First, an reminder on behalf of Frank @ RetroRewind: Stock replenishment will
be slower for a month or two due to Frank recovering from wrist/hand surgery.

1) David of the Coco Town YouTube channel, put up a nice "thank you"
video for being our interview guest last week. We are also glad that he
survived the experience. :-)
 https://youtu.be/nFO6k-z4Ias

2) TRS-80 Retro Programing on YouTube Posted another update to his Tales
of Suburbia game project, adding model rocket graphic to the title part
of the screen:
  https://youtu.be/bcDM4F5c8GM

3) Last weeks guest of YouTube Coco Town fame has released a new video
detailing his discovery that the values you write to the VDG don't always
match the ASCII values of the characters:
  https://youtu.be/e9qgUNI9V1s

4) Gadget Reboot on YouTube did a video on how he made a digital to analog
joystick adaptor for the Coco:
  https://youtu.be/xZSDwJGriC8

5) Boisy Pitre : Ready for VCF Southwest.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2359462640/posts/10160737030387641/

Allan Batteiger of Microware and Mark Siegel of Tandy.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2359462640/posts/10160739006697641/

6) Michael Furman : MikeyN6IL's VLOG $13: FLEXing the CoCo Ep 7: Flex OS

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2359462640/posts/10160737178927641/

https://youtu.be/FDM3sc3NMyo

7) Jim Gerrie : I've been working on a typing in a program FACTSFIG from
Input magazine:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2359462640/posts/10160734056767641/

8) Marco Spedaletti : ugBASIC:COLDFIX v1.14 [rev. 20230624.1025]
https://www.facebook.com/groups/867151224158600/posts/1312009456339439/

https://ugbasic.iwashere.eu/
https://spotlessmind1975.itch.io/ugbasic-ide

MC-10
-----
1) I feel a grave disturbance in the Force as if a million 6803 cried
out and were suddenly silenced ...

Dragon 32/64
------------
1) Nick Marentes : Dragon PAL H-sync fix...
Does anyone know or can point me to a web site that explains the mod
required to PAL Dragon64's to correct the H-Sync problem?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2359462640/posts/10160731606432641/

2) Julian Brown : More details on his Keyboard
https://www.facebook.com/groups/dragon32/posts/3485240268402284/

3) Mike Miller : Does anyone have any copies (or know of an archive) of 68'
microcosm magazine?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/6809assembly/posts/3168186500141377/

Game On news (all Coco related platforms):
1) Todd Horch on his YARC (Yet Another Retro Channel) posted a video
showing the half dozen arcade transcodes on the Coco 3 - Donkey Kong
by Sock Master, Space Invaders by Mark McDougall, and Defender, Joust,
Robotron:2084 & PacMan by Glen Hewlett:
  https://youtu.be/FgEYt1k7Xeo

2) The next episode (45) of The Coco Show has dropped on YouTube. This
episode features Karate by Diecom:
  https://youtu.be/Jx9bABuOAhw

3) Paul Shoemaker : Hi everyone.  I just released a CoCo version of my
most recent game, Video Poker
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2359462640/posts/10160737831767641/

https://pshoemaker70.itch.io/

4) Richard Kelly : "Maze Creator" version 0.10K.  This is my rewrite of
the maze-making algorithm.  I had to do so weird code tweaking to make the
PMODE graphics look right.  The thing is - does it look right on a real
CoCo 1/2/3?  I'll have to leave it to you folks to find out, as my current
CoCo isn't connected to anything right now.  Feel free to post bug reports!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2359462640/posts/10160737721912641/

5) David Mitchell : This is probably the type-in I messed around most
with back in the day. I used Rainbow Writer and a custom character set to
produce a High-res version. Good times..
https://www.facebook.com/groups/dragon32/posts/3486138521645792/

News and Topic Suguestions Channel on The CoCo Discord
ZX Spectrum games by Bearsden Primary 2023
https://dougie9mcg.itch.io/zx-spectrum-games-by-bearsden-primary-2023

Get connected with more of the CoCo, Dragon and MC-10 community here:
https://thecoconation.com/community/

Please trim any replies to *just* the specific item replied to.
--
Robert "Exile In Paradise" Murphey <exile at weylan-yutani.com>
Weylan-Yutani Corporation