[Coco] Choosing a Replacement printers

Patrick Ulland rickulland1 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 09:14:41 EDT 2023

Just a question, why inkjet?  They are beautiful, but  11x17 duplex
coated paper is pushing buck a sheet:-) On regular paper a color laser
looks, um, similar but it's waterproof. With laser printers getting
cheap (Epson WF-3820 $138 on Amazon) the thing to avoid is DRM. Famously
HP printers, but I've heard some Canon MFP won't scan if the printer
ink's expired, so...

Average users, I’ll quote somebody. That square black Brother laser
printer everyone has? It’s still fine. Last job we provisioned dozens of
those things. Prints duplex, from $120 (usb only, mono) to $400
(net,wifi,USB,color,scanner). No DRM or expiry, so cheap/old toner is
also fine. But I don’t see a large format version.

Would need an interface, something else for my CoCoIO task list.

-rick