[Coco] CoCoFEST! Internet Speed Improvements

Jim Brain (2022-23 GCCC President) president at glensideccc.com
Sun Jun 11 20:34:11 EDT 2023

On 6/11/2023 7:16 PM, John Mark Mobley via Coco wrote:
> All,
>

> In the last Glenside meeting we talked ways to improve the internet speed at
> the CoCoFEST!
>
> We want to do a better job of providing streaming video of the event.
>

> 1.	Talk to the hotel and see if there is anything we can do.
> 2.	Use a 5G hotspot device of some kind.
> 3.	Use a 5G modem. I can get this for my home, but I am told that I can
> not take it on vacation.
> 4.	Set up a STARLINK out in the parking lot and provide Wi-Fi to the
> CoCoFEST!
> 5.	Other.
>

> Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Grant spoke to the hotel.  They will help next year to ensure there is
more bandwidth, and we also have the option to procure a temp Inet
service at the venue through the A/V firm the hotel uses.  There is the
cost for the latter, so those needing more bandwidth may be asked to
chip in to cover that cost.

Jim

--
Jim Brain, 2022-23 President