[Coco] Nitros Command History - CMOC interface ?

coco at jechar.ca coco at jechar.ca
Wed Jul 19 08:20:52 EDT 2023

All

I am very new to CMOC and so far have only ran test programs.

I have an idea but I do not know what is in place to help code such a
thing.

The idea is add a comand to Nitros9 lets call it did that works like
this.

1. Type did at the command line and the current command history buffer
gets saved to the test file /dd/SYS/chist

2. in another session type

       did load

    and the current command buffer gets replaced by the commands stored
in
    /dd/SYS/chist

OR

    type

        did append

    result current command buffer has the commands stored in
/dd/SYS/chist
    added to it.

  I don't know if this is feasible but would be an efficient way to allow
  for some persistent command history without using up too much disk
space.

  And I thought it might make a good way to learn CMOC, and a good
addition
  to Nitros9.

  Charlie