[Coco] DLOAD RS232 Spec (Was: DLOAD upload program for CoCo 1/2?)

tim lindner tlindner at macmess.org
Mon Jan 30 13:10:11 EST 2023

On Mon, Jan 30, 2023 at 7:52 AM Allen Huffman via Coco
<coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:
> There are also lots of comments saying it didn’t work, but my CoCo in 1983 already had the 1.1 Extended BASIC ROM.

I think the "didn't work" meme stemmed from the fact that the delay
values chosen in the ROM are really off spec for RS-232. By as much as
4%.

I did some cycle counting and created this document:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oU3-QjQETzWk-ra1CbC_hGCNXU9HnKXbu6Vv-5Ut3xA/edit?usp=sharing

to explain everything in detail.

--
tim lindner

"Proper User Policy apparently means Simon Says."