[Coco] CoCo 1/2 arrow keys versus CoCo 3 arrow keys

Ciaran Anscomb cocomalt at 6809.org.uk
Sat Jan 14 16:03:31 EST 2023

Allen Huffman wrote:
> > On Jan 14, 2023, at 2:30 PM, Ciaran Anscomb via Coco
> > <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:
> >
> > The non-dioded keyboards mean multiple keypresses
> > can "ghost"
>
> Is that from the keyboard matrix? [...]

Yeah.  When picking the keys for Dunjunz (which had to not conflict
between two keyboard players and still work with joystick players
pressing their firebuttons), I had to knock up a noddy Perl script to
test various choices.

Even then I very much depend on the idea that people are unlikely to
be pressing Up and Down at the same time - else it might not have been
possible!

..ciaran