[Coco] Floppy days by Randy Kindig CoCo and 6809

Carlos Camacho idevgames at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 08:05:52 EST 2023

It was a lot of fun to record the episode. There's a rich 8bit computer
history in Japan with some great platforms to own, especially if you like
the 6809: Fujitsu and Hitachi models. The magazines in Japan had a lot of
info on Microware's OS9.

On the machine that is spotlighted, the NEC PC6001, we talked alot about
the MC6847 video it shares with the CoCo, and touched on Steve Bjork's
ports of Canyon Climber and Mega Bug.

I'm sure I got a few facts wrong during the show. There should be a bell
sound for each time I said CoCo.

Cheers
Carlos Camacho