[Coco] CoCo 3 HPRINT - POKE to change background?

Christopher R. Hawks chawks at dls.net
Mon Jan 9 09:45:26 EST 2023

On Sun, 8 Jan 2023 15:59:54 -0600
Allen Huffman via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:

> I found some old CoCo 3 video titles/graphics I did back in 1988, and
> one of them drew a large UPC code and printed numbers on top.
>
> When it prints the numbers, they are on top of the existing
> lettering, rather than having a block background. That was not how
> they rendered, which makes me think there was a POKE or something
> that would make it not “overlay” HPRINT, so it would have a solid
> background under it.
>
> Ring any bells?
>
> --
> Allen Huffman - PO Box 7634 - Urbandale IA 50323 - 515-999-0227
> (vmail/TXT only) http://www.subethasoftware.com -
> https://www.facebook.com/subethasoftware

Allen:

    try    "ATTR foreground palette, background palette, B(link),
U(nderline)"

    ATTR 3, 5, B, U

see Color Computer 3 Extended Basic page 323.

Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft
--
     Edward P. Tryon   "In answer to the question of why it happened,
     I offer the modest proposal that our Universe is simply one of