[Coco] Passing of Steve Bjork, Computer Gaming Pioneer and CoCo Developer

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 21:26:07 EST 2023

When I was 8 or 9 years old we got our first Coco, a big battleship grey
original coco 1 upgraded by my father with the "half bad" ram that wasn't
half bad, I forget the details.  We had two game cartridges, Polaris and
Popcorn.  I remember Steve's name on the Popcorn opening screen, saw it
hundreds of not thousands of times.  I used to call my little sister a
"bjork" to annoy her.

I didn't even dream back then that someday I would have conversations with
Steve, go to dinner with him and even be involved in some projects with
him.  Steve was a Real Programmer, a role that seemed unobtainable for
myself at that time.  He was a hero to me then, and meeting him later in
life did not cause my admiration to wane.

Rest in peace Steve.  You touched my life and so many others.  You are
missed.

-Aaron