[Coco] Passing of Steve Bjork, Computer Gaming Pioneer and CoCo Developer

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Tue Dec 19 15:42:35 EST 2023

Rest in peace to my friend, Steve Bjork. I knew him from the title screens of many 1980s video games I played, and later met him at a computer convention. Somehow we became friends, and shared many visits to Disneyland when I was in town. He had worked there in the 1970s (Jungle Cruise skipper), as well as at Magic Mountain. He was an extra in the reported scene of The Goonies, if I recall, and in the movie Rollercoaster. He wrote games for the Radio Shack Color Computer, Super Nintendo, Gameboy, and more. He was the one who got me to see things other than Disneyland - “There’s more to do in Southern California than Disneyland.” He introduced me to In and Out burger, got me to Knott’s and Magic Mountain, took me to El Capitan Theater to see something (Hunchback, maybe?). I am left with endless memories hanging out with him and talking tech and theme parks. He will be missed.

--
Allen Huffman - PO Box 7634 - Urbandale IA 50323 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT only)
http://www.subethasoftware.com - https://www.facebook.com/subethasoftware