[Coco] Fantasy Football = CoCo Five.

coco at jechar.ca coco at jechar.ca
Mon Sep 12 11:38:55 EDT 2022

On 2022-09-11 19:14, Allen Huffman via Coco wrote:
> I will add… while I started reliving my VIC-20 days using an emulator,
> it wasn’t until I got TheVIC20 (THEC64 limited edition with VIC-20
> colors and labels) that it felt like a VIC.
>
> Likewise, while I have emulated the CoCo for years, for some reason,
> when I do it on my Pi400 keyboard computer, it feels completely
> different. I take that Pi400 with me on work trips and retro computer
> on it, rather than just doing it on my laptop. It really feels better
> to have a similar form factor, and even better to have a real keyboard
> layout.

Exactly what I was getting at. !!

To allow flexibility where either the Full size keyboarsd or something
similar in desktop
footprint to a Mac Mini but taller. Could be used setup up based on the
coCo5 design the way to go would be
to devide the functions between two boards that communiate via a special
cable.
these would be

1. the Main Board which would have 2 Right Side CoCo Cartridge Slots,The
Reset Button,
Sterio Audio Out, VGA Out, Composite Out The ROM select switch and the
USB port.
( The "Internal Cartrige Port presents more of a problem for direct
mounting but if
   It was o n a flexable cable perhaps two mounting options might be
available.
      A. The Front Right Sile Faceing in option for mounting in CoCo
cases.
      B. The Front facing external cartridge Slot for Mac Mini type Form
Factors.)

And

2. The I/O Board which would have The Casette/AudioDigitization Port,
The Bit Banager,
The High Speed Serial Port, the Joysticks and the Power Switch.

I am definately in the prefer a real CoCo in a Keyboard Camp.

Charlie.