[Coco] MC6829 Memory Management Unit

Walter ZAMBOTTI zambotti at iinet.net.au
Mon Oct 10 00:18:53 EDT 2022

 From what I can tell from the my brief reading of the manual the device
works in a similar way to the GIME MMU except

it supports up to 2 megabytes,  2K block sizes and 4 tasks.

           Max Mem  Block Size Tasks

GIME       512MB     8K           2

6829     2048MB     2K           4

The smaller 2K block size makes that quite attractive.

However since OS9 is written for 8x8k pages the MMU register structure
would need to be enlarged to cater for 32x2k, if it is not already reserved.