[Coco] 19 years is enough? Or not?

gene heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Fri Oct 7 07:00:25 EDT 2022

On 10/7/22 01:32, Andrew via Coco wrote:
> I'm pretty sure I've posted a few times here this past year...hmm,
> let's see...
>
> Ok - last time that I noted at least was in August, and only 4 other
> times before that. And...looking at my yearly archive, which I've kept
> since I joined in 2004-ish - traffic is down; I get my messages as
> digests - so I had approx 465 digests in 2020, then 274 in 2021, and
> only 193 so far for this year (ok, 194-ish?)
>
> That's not really a super-accurate number to rely on, because the
> number of messages per digest can fluctuate. But if I had to guess,
> traffic is down.
>
> I don't have any room to talk - I use the FB group more than this
> list, and right now I'm only semi-active in actual CoCo stuff (because
> of various reasons - sigh).
>
> But I love this list, dang it! I don't want to see it go! As I've
> noted, I have found it useful enough to keep my own personal archive
> of it, flamewars, warts and all!
>
> How much does it cost to run for a year? I can't imagine it's much,
> though modding and admin might be a pain.
>
> Someone mentioned $50.00 as a donation or membership fee or something?
> I'm willing to do that, and probably more. If the yearly hosting fee
> isn't crazy (ie - beyond my current means)...
>
> Give me a paypal link, and it's done.
>
> Andrew L. Ayers
> Glendale, Arizona
> phoenixgarage.org
> github.com/andrew-ayers

I don't use paypal, they've cost me and my employer big money by
interfering with the purchase of stuff
I needed while out on the road doing consulting work, but I can
certainly set up an annual membership
check from my bank. All I need is your USPS mailing address, Dennis.

Take care and stay well.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
  - Louis D. Brandeis