[Coco] A few more questions for the Coco brain trust

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 24 19:06:50 EST 2022

It seems like the questions never stop popping into my mind.  :-)

1.  I have 3 Glenside IDE Interfaces.  I have a really nice white
case for one of them.  I don't remember where I got it.  I would
love to get two more for the other interfaces as I plan to set up
more than one systems for my development plans.  Anyone here know
who it was that was 3D printing the white cases and if they are
still willing to sell them?

2.  Along the same stream.  I have other disk controllers.  Can
the COCO3 (under Os9, of course) support more than one disk
controller.  It would be cool to put mt TC^3 in one of the slots
of the Glenside and have both IDE and SCSI disks.  Doable?

3. As for the TC^3.  The only document I have is called "TC^3
SCSI Interface User Manual". On page 8 it mentions looking for
OS9 driver installation and configuration info in something
called "SCSI System User Manual" that it says was included
with the controller.  Actually, mine came with no documentation
at all and the one manual I have I downloaded from somewhere on
the net.  Anybody have any info on or a copy of this other
manual?

4. One last one.  I just read the white paper on ROMing OS9 into
the COCO in place of the BASIC ROMs.  On the COCO3 would it be
possible to create a cartridge that contained OS9 and loaded it
into RAM to run thus eliminating the size limit caused by the
size of the BASIC ROMs?  If this is possible, would it also
be possible to kick the ROM out afterwards and return to 64M
RAM mode?

And just in case anyone is curious, I also plan to see if it is
possible to build a ROMable NitrOS9 image for a machine that
runs a 6809 but has no connection with the COCO at all.  Of
course, I am planning to do all of this on my OS9 development
machine.  Yes, I know building this stuff on the COCO will be
slower than doing it all on a PC but where would the fun be in
that?  :-)

bill