[Coco] 2023 CoCoFEST! Venue Considerations

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Fri Jul 29 10:51:34 EDT 2022

Thank you for that detailed writeup, Jim. I think you had me at this:

> * Portillo’s is 1.1mile away :-)

Now that I’ve spent so much time in Glendale Heights for work trips, I am fully aware of what Portillo’s is and regret not discovering it in earlier visits to the area.

Money is always tight — with some of us staying way off site at a Motel 6 due to not wanting to spend $$$ on an on-site room — and others considering an extra $50-$100 like “vacation spending.”

If guarantees come in to play, I expect we can step up and pledge to support the club — kinda like an Indiegogo or Kickstarter campaign ;-)

I am now even more sad I missed the recent events, since I won’t get to see the location in-use like that.

		— Allen