[Coco] (No subject)

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Thu Jul 14 01:38:39 EDT 2022

On Jul 13, 2022, at 11:35 PM, Arthur Flexser via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:

> Allen, I believe you're wrong about Microsoft having made a one-byte memory
> mistake that Microware corrected for the CoCo 3.  My memory is a little
> vague on this, but I have a recollection that the CoCo 1/2 actually needs
> that extra byte, but the CoCo 3 doesn't because Basic is running out of RAM
> on the CoCo 3.

I found it at LA084 in Color BASIC Unravled.

There is a RAM scan to find the end of memory. X points somewhere and it increments by 1, but when it does the test, it checked 2,X so when it gets to 32766 it’s trying to check ROM and the test ends there. On a RAM system it can continue to check.

It kinda looks like a bug since it increments by 1 and maybe could have just checked that byte or one after it.