[Coco] CoCo Recreation motherboards

Rocky Hill qbancoffee at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 8 01:01:02 EDT 2022

Hello,
I've recreated some CoCo motherboards using available schematics from the Color Computer archive.I transcribed these schematics into KiCAD schematics and recreated the boards.These are open hardware designs and although I've had them up on github as part of a larger preservation project,they are buried in that repo and thus difficult to find so I decided for the sake of simplicity to pull them out and organize them in a separate github repository.
Currently there are three KiCAD projects in the repo along with PDF versions of the schematics, board layouts, rendered imagesand interactive BOMS(These are pretty cool). I still need to add a proper Bill Of Materials(BOM) for each project. I've already sourcedthe components for each of the projects in the repo but I need to clean up the BOMs up before uploading them.
I'm sending this out here because I thought there might be some that would like to tinker with them.
I will slowly be documenting stuff like how to generate GERBER files, how to order from a PCB manufacturer ect.. in the README or wiki but if anyone else wants to add stuff, feel free to issue a pull request.
here is the linkhttps://github.com/qbancoffee/coco_motherboards

- Pedro