[Coco] DriveWire4

Rocky Hill qbancoffee at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 19 21:48:48 EST 2022

 I'm confused as to who is having trouble running drivewire on linux. Is it Cristoph Bradford or is it Christopher Hawks?
I'm not sure because I seem to be missing messages and it seems like I received some of them out of order. Was this problem solved?
If not, what flavor of linux are you using?
Sorry for the dumb questions.
Pedro

    On Wednesday, January 19, 2022, 12:17:33 PM EST, Christopher R. Hawks <chawks at dls.net> wrote:

 On Wed, 19 Jan 2022 15:00:12 +0000 (UTC)
Rocky Hill via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:

>  I've used it a handful of times on linux and if I remember correctly
> I had to switch to a lower version of  java for it to run. What
> version of linux are you using? I use Ubuntu so for me to load the
> rxtx library I do the following. I open a terminal and then type the
> following. "sudo apt update" and then
> "sudo apt install librxtx-java"
> The above should work on most debian based systems.
>
>    On Wednesday, January 19, 2022, 02:08:15 AM EST, Christof M
> Bradford <christof.bradford at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Anyone here use DriveWire on Linux?

    I'm using  the last Aaron release (4.3.3o) and the rxtx
libraries are in Drivewire4/native/(OS)/(ARCH). My system uses the
library in Drivewire4/native/Linux/i686. If you are running a 64 bit
system, you probably need to add a Drivewire4/native/Linux/x86_64
directory and place a copy of or link to your rxtx library.

Drivewie4 and pyDrivewire get more use now with Drivewireless!!!
(Thanks Sloopy!)

Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft
--
You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.