[Coco] DriveWire4

Christopher R. Hawks chawks at dls.net
Wed Jan 19 11:45:12 EST 2022

On Wed, 19 Jan 2022 15:00:12 +0000 (UTC)
Rocky Hill via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:

>  I've used it a handful of times on linux and if I remember correctly
> I had to switch to a lower version of  java for it to run. What
> version of linux are you using? I use Ubuntu so for me to load the
> rxtx library I do the following. I open a terminal and then type the
> following. "sudo apt update" and then
> "sudo apt install librxtx-java"
> The above should work on most debian based systems.
>
>     On Wednesday, January 19, 2022, 02:08:15 AM EST, Christof M
> Bradford <christof.bradford at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Anyone here use DriveWire on Linux?

    I'm using  the last Aaron release (4.3.3o) and the rxtx
libraries are in Drivewire4/native/(OS)/(ARCH). My system uses the
library in Drivewire4/native/Linux/i686. If you are running a 64 bit
system, you probably need to add a Drivewire4/native/Linux/x86_64
directory and place a copy of or link to your rxtx library.

Drivewie4 and pyDrivewire get more use now with Drivewireless!!!
(Thanks Sloopy!)

Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft
--
You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.