[Coco] Glenside Club Meeting: Thursday August 18, 2022 @ 7:30PM Central

Jim Brain (2021-22 GCCC President) president at glensideccc.com
Wed Aug 17 02:13:48 EDT 2022

I hope everyone continues to enjoy their Summer. It’s coming to a close,
as I am sitting here away from our home helping my daughter (whom some
of you know as the “The Cookie Lady” from recent fests) move into her
college dorm to start Fall classes. I hope you wring as much as you can
from these last few weeks, but save a bit of time to enjoy your CoCo and
drop by our monthly meeting to catch up on club efforts.

This month, Grant Leighty will provide an update on planning for the
2023 CoCoFEST!. As shared previously, we’ve switched to a new venue, and
the 2023 contract has been signed with confirmed dates. The room block
should be open soon, for those who like to get things done early!

At our recent Board of Directors, we discussed moving our monthly
meeting date to the first Thursday of the month. A number of folks have
conflicts with the third Thursday, and this may alleviate the issue. I’m
aware there’s no perfect date, and we’re interested in comments from
those who might have issues with the first Thursday of every month.

Finally, I wanted to note that September is the time we open the floor
for nominations for club officers (President/Vice
President/Secretary/Treasurer). We will then vote after nominations and
announce the 2022-23 officer slate in October 2022.

We will open the call early at 6:30PM as in previous months, for some
time to catch up and say hello to new faces. John Mark Mobley will open
the time with information on nanoscale vacuum-channel transistors for
those who are interested.

Meeting Agenda:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BsAN61RhNA-dYAGnPEMxEkaQO3sB3uaM/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=101249560154994960936&rtpof=true&sd=true
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BsAN61RhNA-dYAGnPEMxEkaQO3sB3uaM/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=101249560154994960936&rtpof=true&sd=true>

        To join the Meeting

https://zoom.us/j/95723672795?pwd=MVlSZG5Nd0FjVU1WNzlVQXlBRU91QT09

Meeting ID: 957 2367 2795
Passcode: GCCC

        One tap mobile

+13126266799,,95723672795#,,,,/478869# US (Chicago)/

Meeting ID: 957 2367 2795
Passcode: 478869
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/adWzcwDPZE

Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your
calendar system.
Monthly:
https://zoom.us/meeting/tJEqdequqTktE9Fc96ZBSO9gTu-SU3koRhjz/ics?icsToken=98tyKuCtqTkpHNOXtxCCRowMB4job-7wtnpaj_p7n0azOQJgTVrxAvcPAYcsG9fi

For those unable to join us on Zoom or have prior commitments, we will
livestream and have a replay available on our Facebook page
(https://www.facebook.com/groups/290791956162) and our YouTube channel
(https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFk2dMxcjJcX2qbSqFHQMbA).