[Coco] Latest LWTools not available for Windows 32 bit

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Mon Mar 15 14:01:35 EDT 2021

On Monday 15 March 2021 11:20:14 Salvador Garcia via Coco wrote:

>  Hi Gene, thanks for the follow up.
>
> Yes, I am using Yahoo. I was using netscape.net (unfortunately
> assimilated by AOL now) before, but it was not respecting my "new
> line" character, bunching all the text together, so I switched to the
> Yahoo account that I've had for at least one decade. Not that it is
> perfect, because it is also chewing up one LFCR, so I put in two so
> that the post looks like what you are reading now.
>
> I avoid using my ISP's server because I never know if I'll be
> switching. Having to update everyone on a new email address gets
> complicated with hundreds of accounts. Not to mention that I have
> various email accounts that I need to maintain. In fact, I created the
> Yahoo account because I took a course and the college was using a
> Yahoo group (back when it was actually a good idea).
>
> Salvador

But the last 3 weeks or so, yahoo seems to have stumbled and fallen in
the deep end. And I think, based on my discussions with gmail years ago,
which rsulted in my bailing out of that service that it probably won't
work, but that wouldn't stop me from calling them up and spanking them
for suddenly being put on other servers blacklists. By automatic spam
detectors or ?? I haven't a clue, but its happening on quite a few of
the 50+ lists that I am subscribed to.

Mostly because I have, and I suspect you do too, many other varied and
eclectic interests.  The last 20 some years, basicly since I retired, I
have become quite interested in CNC machinery, having (re-built for CNC
controls and accuracy) several of them, all running by LinuxCNC. Even my
2 3d printers take a modified gcode as input to make things.  Never
having but 2 computers that ran windows, and one of them died from a bad
battery 6 years back, the other is a $350 all-in-one that serves as a
display for a Vector Network Analyzer, that I use to tune the matching
networks at the base of AM broadcast towers, a sometimes much needed
item because most ma & pa small stations don't understand they can't
just go hang anything they want to on the tower without retuning it,
else the VSWR wll destroy their transmitter. But their might not be 10
other people in the country who can do that, all the old engineers that
used to do that have died, and I'm 86, not far behind them. My health is
rather touch and go since diabetes caught up with my heart 3 or 4 years
ago.  Now it has a pacemaker, a replacement valve, and a few stents, but
I'm still here, raising alittle hell when I can. My 3rd and last 31
years wife died 12/07/2020, of copd, so now its all up to me.

Take care, stay safe and well now, Salvador.

[...]

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis