[Coco] Info needed

Ciaran Anscomb cocomalt at 6809.org.uk
Sun Mar 14 03:53:19 EDT 2021

Joshua Harper via Coco wrote:
> Can someone tell me how I can keep the Coco list from going directly to
> my junk mail I have tried to just move it from junk mail to my inbox but
> that doesn’t seem to work when somebody posted something or even I
> post something on the Coco list it goes directly to junk mail thanks for
> any help

I didn't want to just send random test mail, but this is "on topic",
so here it is.

I recently set up DMARC because of similar behaviour from others' mail
systems (having had SPF and DKIM going for a while).  It did _appear_
to have an effect, though there's no way of telling if the remote system
had just trained itself by then.

But DMARC has some theoretical issues with mailing lists if the list
doesn't detect the presence of DMARC from the sender and rewrite the
From: lines and what-not (especially as in the case of this list, where
the body is modified), so I'm wondering what will happen to this mail :)

..ciaran