[Coco] VCC isues.

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Fri Jul 2 07:49:41 EDT 2021

The current version of VCC stores the ".ini" file in "~home~/appdatta/roaming/VCC" as required by Windows 7-10. In Windows Vista or earlier, you'll find it in "My Documents/VCC".
If you created an ini file manually in "Program Files (x86)/VCC xxx" then it will not use this file. It's preferrable NOT to manually edit the ini file as all the settings can be accessed from the Config menu.

We actually have a new release ready to go, but I just haven't posted it to the site yet.

BTW... for those not on the FaceBook Coco group, VCC has had several upgrades in the past 2 years and is better than ever.
!!!PLEASE READ THE MANUAL FOR DETAILS!!!

Here is a list of the updates (VCC 2.1.0d will be posted to the site within a few days)

 VCC v2.1.0d ???/2021
◦ Fixed bug which cause certain RSDOS word processors (EliteWord, VIP Writer, etc.) to skip every other line of text. -James Rye
◦ Eliminated the "Allow Resize" checkbox as I feel it's redundant. You should always be able to resize. - Bill Pierce
◦ Reset a few "default" values that had gotten changed. - Bill Pierce
◦ Add a "Custom KeyMap Editor" for making custom keymaps. - EJ Jaquay
◦ Mapped "BREAK" to "F12" (as well as "ESCAPE") to facilitate using <CNTRL><BRK> used by some games/applications. - Bill Pierce
◦ Updated the Manual - Bill Pierce
 VCC v2.1.0c Jan/2021
◦ Added 2nd Hard Drive – EJ Jaquay
◦ Fixed the ALT key problem – EJ Jaquay
◦ Added F3 & F4 for decreasing/increasing CPU speed – Trey Tomes
◦ Added “Remember Screen Size” to remember your custom screen size on each run – James Rye & Bill Pierce
◦ Added the “Game Master Cart” (GMC) by John Linville – Chet Simpson
◦ Fixed the border color bug – James Rye
◦ Updated Manual – Bill Pierce
 VCC v2.1.0b Nov/2020
◦ Added “Copy/Paste” Edit menu items for copying text from VCC screen and pasting text into VCC. - James Rye.
◦ Improved Composite Palettes (not fixed, WIP). - James Rye.
◦ Fixed “file paths” so that each type of file; vhd, dsk, cas, rom, dll, etc. has it’s own pathlist” - James Rye.
◦ Added “Flip Artifact Colors” to the config menu. - James Rye.
◦ Added “Save Config” and “Load Config” to the “File” menu (previously disabled). – EJ Jaquay.
◦ Also added the ability to load custom “*.ini” files when running VCC in a Command Box – EJ Jaquay.
▪ Both of these features allow “Custom ini” files for save different configurations.
◦ Updated manual – Bill Pierce
 VCC v2.1.0a Oct/2020
◦ Fixed VCC “ini” file to save in “user/home/appdata” to avoid permissions problem in Win7-10. - James Rye
◦ Fixed “Force Aspect” to actually work in all modes but full screen mode. - James Ross
◦ Updated manual to reflect changes.- Bill Pierce
 VCC v2.0.1f Aug/2020
◦ Improved PMODE artifact color scheme, - Peter Westburg
 VCC v2.0.1e Dec/2019
◦ Reverted “exit bug” fix as it caused VCC to hang in full screen mode – Bill Pierce.
 VCC v2.0.1d Dec/2019
◦ Added “*.ccc” to the program pak extensions. “Exit bug” fixed. Several “cosmetic” changes – Bill Pierce.
 VCC v.2.0.1c Dec/2019
◦ Completed 6309 opcodes that were missing or incorrect – Walter Zambotti.
◦ Updated manual – Bill Pierce
 VCC v2.0.1b June/2016
◦ Several “Edited” releases under same versions. Some “cosmetic” changes to dialogs.
 VCC v2.0.1b June/2016
◦ Minor syntax changes to achieve working build for VS2015 – Wes Gayle
 VCC v2.0.1a June/2016
◦ Moved code to “MS Visual Studio 2015 Community” (No Release) - Gary Coulborne
 VCC v1.42c ??/2016
◦ VCC source code released to “Open Source” by Joseph Forgeone.
◦ GitHub repository created by Bill Pierce (No Release)
 VCC v1.43c ??/2015
◦ Move the “Boisy/Becker” port to a cartridge format to eliminate crashes (never released) – Aaron Wolfe, David Ladd
 VCC v1.43b ??/2012
◦ Added support for the “Boisy/Becker” interface for DriveWire4 (Binary Release Only) – Aaron Wolfe, David Ladd
 VCC v1.42 ??/2012
◦ Source code acquired for VCC by Aaron Wolfe, David Ladd, & Bill Pierce (No Release)
 VCC v1.42 ??/????
◦ Last known release from original author Joseph Forgeone