[Coco] Xgecu TL866ii Plus setup file has a virus!

David Ladd davidwladd at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 01:15:33 EST 2021

On Tue, Jan 26, 2021 at 7:00 PM Kip Koon <computerdoc at sc.rr.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
> I am trying to find a good copy of the installation file for the MiniPro
> XGecu TL866ii Programmer. So far, all I can find is an installation file
> that has a virus!
> The filename of the bad file is XgproV1071_Setup.rar.
> The url is forums.xgecu.com/viewthread.php?tid=20&page=1&extra=#pid23

Kip,
I just downloaded the same setup file you speak of from the URL in the
forum post at:
http://www.xgecu.com/MiniPro/xgproV1071_setup.rar
My security router (Sophos UTM 9) scans my downloads before I get them and
it did not complain.
I then used the standard Microsoft Defender to scan it and it also passed.
I then used Malwarebytes V.4.3.0 to scan it and it also passed.

My next question would be what AV are you using?

> Does anyone have a valid url for a known good setup file for the XGecu
> TL866ii programmer?
>
> Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
David Ladd
***END OF LINE***
| David Ladd a.k.a. PacoOtaktay a.k.a. Drencor                          |
| YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/PacoOtaktay                      |
| YouTube Gaming Live: https://gaming.youtube.com/user/PacoOtaktay/live |
| Websites are:                                                         |
|   http://daves-hobbies.com                                            |
|   http://dwladd.com                                                   |
|   http://www.theterrorzone.com                                        |
| Do you have your CoCo 3 yet?                                          |