[Coco] FlashPak

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Tue Jan 26 23:55:27 EST 2021

I finally was able to validate that my simple Color Computer FLASH ROM
cartridge works!

https://github.com/go4retro/FlashPak/
<https://github.com/go4retro/FlashPak/>

It's a 512kB ROM cartridge that uses the CoCo standard banking mechanism
to select 1 of 32 16kB ROM "banks". The unit can be programmed while
installed in the CoCo, meaning no need to own an EPROM programmer or
eraser or another computer to program the ROM.  The PCB is through hole,
so it can be assembled without special tools.  I have more work to do,
as it needs a proper menu and programming app (the BASIC one I wrote to
test works, but is very slow), but at least I know the design works!

Jim

www.go4retro.com
store.go4retro.com