[Coco] CoCo floppy disk subsystem

Rick Ulland rickulland1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 16:18:13 EST 2021

Certainly will. You will be much happier with a 501 or 502. They are
easy to maintain - the only thing that might ever happen is the floppy
cable driver chips (2 x 7406 or 7416, I forget) can die if disconnected
under load. The other chip (guessing 7416) is a better replacement,
either way it's a simple chip swap and the challenge is finding enough
other toys to make a minimum order since these are two a penny and
you'll only ever need two.

I'd keep that original board around, it's kind of a classic.

-rick