[Coco] Opinions on using fake CoCos

Rick Ulland rickulland1 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 18:51:26 EST 2021

On 1/4/21 8:52 PM, Allen Huffman wrote:
> So I ask — Would a sticker set suffice and we’d adapt to the arrows/F1/F2 positions… Or does anyone think a replica keyboard would be of use, redone like the original layout of the CoCo 1 and 2?
>
> 		— Allen

I've spent 25 years supporting Unix/Linux with a side of Windows. I
separate my CoCo by sitting at a physical CoCo, the layout reminds me ls
doesn't really work under OS9, etc.
A true CoCo layout keyboard is something I would buy, for both real and
emulated CoCos.

It's about game on time -  I opened up a number of bad keyboards
expecting to ink over a cracked trace or so, but the ribbon strip was
fine. Instead, some of the silver inter-key traces have turned black and
are starting to curl away from the Mylar backing.  It's not physical
damage, it's some kind of trace rot. I might try to make a replacement
switchboard that keeps the original bezel and keycaps.

-ricku