[Coco] Adapter to connect 5.25" floppy drive cable to GoTek device

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Fri Jan 1 21:25:30 EST 2021

On Friday 01 January 2021 20:39:59 Christopher R. Hawks wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Jan 2021 18:50:20 -0500
>
> Gene Heskett <gheskett at shentel.net> wrote:
> > On Friday 01 January 2021 18:08:31 rietveld rietveld wrote:
> > > I just wanted to conflirm that those adapters do work.
> > >
> > > I have a 4 drive setup that uses 2 of the adapters to convert a 3
> > > 1/2 and a Gotek drive
> > >

> > > Gotek Hard Drive setup on a CoCo3 https://imgur.com/a/VzbdweR
> >
> > I get a view of the top edge with some sort of a banner across it to
> > hide the rest for about 1/2 sec, then redirected someplace else
> > totally unrelated. imgur has yet in 3 or 4 years allowed me to see
> > the link supplied. Anybody else running a linux only site getting
> > the same treatment?

> > Cheers, Gene Heskett
>
>     Not the same here Gene. Pic loads and then disappears. If I click
> on the button in the lower right corner (looks like a 'download'
> button turned on it's side). I get the 'old design' and the pic shows
> fine.
>
> Slackware 14.2 (since 3.0) Only microSquat here is the POS
> 'info-tainment' system in the car...

Good for you Christpher. I bailed out of fedora in favor of ubuntu, but
went debian at wheezy, when emc2 switched, then became LinuxCNC and
still running it on 2 of the 5 here. This one is stretch, the small
lathe up in the shop building is buster, The grizzly G0704 is on wheezy
yet, as is a 6040 gantry mill and the big 11x54 Sheldon lathe is running
the raspbian buster on an r-pi-4b, just to see if it could be done,
works fine.

You could say I'm into cnc, linuxcnc specifically.  I actually own one
windoze box, a <$400 all-in-one that stays in the truck, used for the
display of a little VNA bridge I tune am broadcast towers with. I can do
a fresh smith chart of such a tower's state of tune in a little over a
minute. 3 if you need hard copy for the commission.

> Christopher R. Hawks
> HAWKSoft

Take care and stay well Christopher.

> It's so much more friendly with two. ---Winnie Ther Pooh
>        \   ^__^
>
>                ||----w |

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)