[Coco] Looking for Most Recent Vcc. Executable for Windows.

James Ross jrosslist at outlook.com
Sat Aug 21 01:28:14 EDT 2021

Jeff Teunissen wrote:
> "master" is the current code, not
> necessarily the current release.

Which would be fine as well ... not trying to be picky, it would be better than having VCC_2.0.1c where the code in there is actually from 8 releases back.

In practicality the majority of GitHub sites are probably doing it how you propose.  You have master and that's it ... all code development and releases come from it.  And if you tag your releases properly, there is not a whole lot of difference (of how I propose it), since with Git you can download the current submit back to any other submit (again if they are tagged properly, that is...)

However, a simple traditional version control practice is to separate current tested and released code known to work from development code that is still in the process of being tested and worked on.

Call the branches whatever -- i.e. current stable release in "master" and development release in "development" or "next". However, the maintainers and developers need to be meticulous with the process.

Of course we are lucky to have any work whatever being done to VCC so we'll take whatever we can get ...
I'm just throwing out suggestions (and opinions) in an attempt to lessen any confusion ...

James