[Coco] CoCo Keys2USB - Problem

coco at jechar.ca coco at jechar.ca
Tue Aug 17 22:41:57 EDT 2021

On 2021-08-16 20:41, Christopher R. Hawks wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Aug 2021 17:45:47 -0400
> coco at jechar.ca wrote:
>

>> Yes I am using a Real Coco keyboard though a device that adapts it to
>> USB. I will have to download this new Vcc and remap the keys.
>>

>     I'd be curious to know what the Keys2USB is sending without VCC.
> Can you open a console and type to see what it is sending? It is a USB
> keyboard after all.
>
>     Also can you tell us what 'map' the Keys2USB is in? Or does it not
> output a V, X, or M after you press SHIFT+F2?
>
> [Big Snip]
>

> Christopher R. Hawks
> HAWKSoft
> --
> By the time you make ends meet, they move the ends.
>        \   ^__^
>         \  (oo)\_______
>            (__)\       )\/\
>                ||----w |
>                ||     ||

  I will send you the results of typing into a terminal tomarrow.
  But right now I can tell you that SHIFT+F2 is problematic because
  the desktop wants to do other things with that keystroke combo.

  In XFCE you are supposed to be able to disable it but I got no
indication
  that it was working even after disabeling it in XFCE in Cinnamon my
usual
  desktop I cannot even figure out how to disable the Desktop stealing
  those keys.

  Charlie