[Coco] CoCo Keys2USB - Problem

coco at jechar.ca coco at jechar.ca
Fri Aug 13 16:47:11 EDT 2021

I found the documentation and with a by cutting a piece of a used google
play card to size I replaced the lost nylon and I got the keyboard
working.

However there are issues.

1. The documentation says "You can tell which key map is selected as a
‘V’, ‘X’, or ‘M’ will display on the screen – indicating ‘VCC’, ‘XRoar’,
and ‘MAME’ respectively." however this does not happen.

I am using Vcc and in OS9 CLEAR works fine and as do the arrow keys and
the alphabet and numbers but much of the top row works incorrectly for
example

    [SHIFT2] gets @ and should get a "
    by the way the notation here
    [SHIFT2] means hold down the shift key and the 2 key at the same
time.
    [SHIFT6] gets ^ and should get  &
    [SHIFT7] gets & and should get '
    [SHIFT8] gets * and should get (
    [SHIFT9] gets ( and should get )
    [SHIFT0] gets ) and should not
    [:] by which I mean pressing the : key which is in the top row on a
COCO.
    [:] gets a - but should get a :
    [SHIFT:] gets an underscore but should get a *
    [-] gets a = should get a - "minus"
    [SHIFT-] should get an = but gets a +
    [CTRL-] should get an underscore but gets an =

     And finally BREAK and ESCAPE do not seem to work.

     Is there a way to fix this. Will there be a software update to fix
     these and is there a way to update I did not notice if there is a
     PROGRAM button like on a pi pico and in the documentation included
     no Info about flashing in new keyboard maps.

     Charlie