[Coco] CoCo Keys2USB - Problem

Paul F fiscap0768 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 22:49:44 EDT 2021

Charlie -

The CoCo Keys2USB is my project. There are two links on the Tindie site -
one for the source code and one for the .pdf version of the documentation.
It sounds like you clicked the first link which brings you to the GitHub
repository, and the readme.md file that you mentioned in your post is an
industry standard markdown document which accompanies most git
repositories. It can be viewed with a standard text viewer or is rendered
through any HTML viewer/browser.

I believe the document you need though is the second link, which can be
accessed here -
https://github.com/wyndec/CoCoKeys2USB/blob/master/docs/CoCo%20Keys2USB%20v1.2%20Instruction%20Sheet.pdf

The thin piece of plastic you referred to in your original post is just a
clear piece of nylon cut from a milk jug. It's only purpose is to provide a
non-conductive wedge between the flat-flex mylar keyboard cable and the
2x16 card edge connector on the Keys2USB kit. As the documentation
mentions, you want to have that under (on the non-conductive) side of the
mylar cable to ensure the conductive (upper) side of the cable makes a firm
and solid contact with the card edge connector.

Also, the kit is designed so that the card edge connector could be used in
both orientations (with the micro USB connector either on the left or the
right). The important thing is that in either orientation, the nylon wedge
is on the underside of the flat-flex mylar cable.

Paul