[Coco] Star Trek

Melanie and John Mark Mobley johnmarkmelanie at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 00:31:06 EDT 2021

All,

I am trying to fix a STARTREK program.
This is from the second Glenside disk of the month, disk.

Fact
On a real CoCo3, print peek(&hff7e) gives 255 some of the time and 254 most
of the time.
In VCC, print peek(&hff7e) gives 0.

This is the line that is locking up the program.
VCC never returns from this line.
5580 if(peek(&hff7e) and 64)=0 then 5580 else return

Where can I find a CoCo3 memory map of location &HFF7E.
This may be a CoCo 1, CoCo 2, or CoCo 3 program.

Short term fix
5580 rem if(peek(&hff7e) and 64)=0 then 5580 else return
5581 return
With this fix I think the program runs too fast.

Any idea what this line is trying to do?

John Mark Mobley