[Coco] (no subject)

David Ladd davidwladd at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 12:34:16 EDT 2021

On Thu, Apr 22, 2021 at 8:02 AM Jim Gibbons <jimgibbons60 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Floppy drives question.
>
> I got a couple of floppy drives that are 5 1/4" 1.2mb and a 3.5" 2.88
> floppy.  Does anyone know of software that allow the COCO 3 to access these
> floppy drives?

The floppy controllers for the Tandy Colo(u)r Computers out of the box only
support SD/DD disks/drives.

The 5.25" 1.2MB floppy drive would need to be configured to run as a 300RPM
DD 720K floppy drive.

The 3.5" 2.88MB drive should be able to be used out of the box as a 720K
drive when using the 720K 3.5" DS/DD disks.

Now there are some people that have a modified 26-3022 and/or 26-3029 to do
HD, but that mod is involved.  Though to take advantage of the size of
drives is mainly under Microware OS-9 L2 or NitrOS-9 L2.

For Disk Basic replacement there is Extended ADOS-3, but only for DD
disks.  Though warning when using a Disk Basic replacement like ADOS-3
formatted disks that people who use normal Disk Basic will not be able to
read the high capacity disks.  So you will have compatibility issues with
other people who might try to read your disks.

> Thanks
>
> Jim Gibbons

Sincerely,
David Ladd
***END OF LINE***
| David Ladd a.k.a. PacoOtaktay a.k.a. Drencor                          |
| YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/PacoOtaktay                      |
| YouTube Gaming Live: https://gaming.youtube.com/user/PacoOtaktay/live |
| Websites are:                                                         |
|   http://daves-hobbies.com                                            |
|   http://dwladd.com                                                   |
|   http://www.theterrorzone.com                                        |
| Do you have your CoCo 3 yet?                                          |