[Coco] Need help thanks in advance

William Carlin whcarlinjr at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 15:49:41 EDT 2020

Joshuah,

As Gene has suggested with Linux, you can also do with Windows 7.  First
off, your current Windows 7 partition MUST be NTFS.  I'm looking through
the thread and some are suggesting your current Windows partition is FAT32
but I have not seen where you have confirmed or denied this.

I ran into a similar situation with a machine where I was running low on
space fairly early in the lifespan of the hard drive.  I decided to add a
secondary hard drive, moving the entire contents of the Program Files
folder to the secondary drive as this folder contained many large program
installs.  Then, using Disk Manager mounted the second hard drive as a
mount point to the Program Files folder, essentially freeing up many
gigabytes of space on the boot drive.

This may or may not be a good solution for you as it will depend on where
the bulk of your storage is utilized.  If the bulk of your
storage utilization is in your profile directory, you may consider storing
that information on the second ~2TB partition.

The process is fairly well documented in this sourceDaddy article:

https://sourcedaddy.com/windows-7/configuring-mount-points.html

William Carlin