[Coco] 26-3134b

Ed Snider zippster278 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 19:51:40 EST 2020

Yes Henry, that's right.  If you have a 'B' type CoCo2 with the single ROM chip
that hasn't been upgraded to extended basic, you'll need to burn a new rom
chip and remove / install jumper wires.

A standard 28 pin, 16K eprom (27C128 or similar) can be used.

Extended BASIC 1.1 goes in the lower 8K of the chip, and Color BASIC 1.3
in the upper 8K.

For your convenience, here is the appropriate rom file...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cJlwDWX9EVv4-wAlFM_uLK0wUsLgzOu-/view?usp=sharing <https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cJlwDWX9EVv4-wAlFM_uLK0wUsLgzOu-/view?usp=sharing>

And here is a picture of an upgrade I did on one, showing the jumpers...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14u3wsHucg8d-pJclRlLooJRboT0ZPiqu/view?usp=sharing <https://drive.google.com/file/d/14u3wsHucg8d-pJclRlLooJRboT0ZPiqu/view?usp=sharing>

There are five jumper wires that will need to be removed and rewired to the 128K position.

- Ed