[Coco] 26-3134b

David Ladd davidwladd at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 17:17:24 EST 2020

Henry,

Ed's ECB in the 24to28pin adapter is designed for the CoCo 2's and CoCo 1's
that have the empty 24 PIN ROM socket.

If you pull the Color Basic ROM and install his ECB ROM upgrade then the
CoCo would not startup.

Color Basic sits at $A000-BFFF

Extended Basic sits at $8000-9FFF

Later CoCo2's that have a 28PIN ROM have Color Basic and Extended Color
Basic in one chip.

At least from the service manual I can find for the model # you provided
shows a U13 where the Extended Color Basic ROM is to be installed.

On Wed, Nov 25, 2020 at 1:59 PM rietveld rietveld <rietveldh at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Can a coco 26_3134b's stock color basic 1.3 rom be replaced with Ed's ECB
> rom that he has on his website?
>
> Sent from my BlackBerry — the most secure mobile device

Sincerely,
David Ladd
***END OF LINE***
| David Ladd a.k.a. PacoOtaktay a.k.a. Drencor                          |
| YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/PacoOtaktay                      |
| YouTube Gaming Live: https://gaming.youtube.com/user/PacoOtaktay/live |
| Websites are:                                                         |
|   http://daves-hobbies.com                                            |
|   http://dwladd.com                                                   |
|   http://www.theterrorzone.com                                        |
| Do you have your CoCo 3 yet?                                          |