[Coco] Custom CoCo 3 ROM (Was: ROM switcher ?)

tim lindner tlindner at macmess.org
Fri Nov 20 10:52:06 EST 2020

On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 7:34 AM <coco at jechar.ca> wrote:
> I have a Coco whose 32K ROM is replaced by a Boot to Drivewire
> ROM that only works to boot OS-9 from a drivewire server wondering
> if there is a physical switch to allow one to switch between
> two 32K ROMs so the original that has just bin sitting in a drawer
> for years could be switched in to let me run COCO BASIC tape programs
> and use game cartridges and Disk Basic.

Maybe someone has a custom coco 3 rom that includes the default
ability to DW Boot into OS-9?

If you hold a key down, you get BASIC.

Then you would not have to have a custom board made. All you would
need to to reprogram the EEPROM you already have.

tim lindner

"Proper User Policy apparently means Simon Says."