[Coco] pyDriveWire Q

Steve Strowbridge ogsteviestrow at gmail.com
Sat May 2 11:02:56 EDT 2020

Barry I'm not sure what you're trying to post here, or accomplish, are you
saying you had an issue launching PyDriveWire? If so, perhaps sending an
email directly to Michael Furman, or reaching out to him directly or in the
#DriveWire channel on the Discord server would get you a prompter response
than a general error posting in this forum.

That being said, I have been able to launch the "pre-packaged" binary
versions of PyDriveWire in Windows, at least, but there are the same
self-contained packages for Mac and Linux.
The Command I use to launch is a follows:  PyDriveWire  --ui-port 6800
--port COM4 --speed 115200
What I'm specifying is the port for the web UI to run on so I manage it
through http://localhost:6800 I'm specifying that I'm connected to COM4
physical serial on my PC/CoCo 3, and the baud rate of 115K your specific
configurations may very, but for me, being a non UNIX/LINUX/Mac/CLI kind of
guy, I was able to quickly and easily get it up and running.

The aforementioned self-contained binaries, and a very comprehensive manual
can be found at  https://github.com/n6il/pyDriveWire/releases   I also
strongly encourage you to hit up Mikey and the #drivewire channel on
Discord there are a lot of people who are actively monitoring and
responding to questions there.

Steve “Stevie Strow” Strowbridge

Retro nerd, vintage computing enthusiasts, self proclaimed CoCo “Nut”

ogStevieStrow at gmail.com primary email address

http://ogsteviestrow.com web site

http://cocotalk.live CoCoTALK! the world's leading live CoCo talk show

http://imacoconut.com for all things CoCo related