[Coco] Fuzix Update

coco at jechar.ca coco at jechar.ca
Thu Jun 18 12:11:57 EDT 2020

On 2020-06-17 20:20, Ron Klein wrote:
> Hi Charlie,
>
> i wonder if you are running into a storage space issue on your SD
> card.  did you expand the file system after copying the image to the
> card?
>
> I would like to help.  Are you on Discord or Messenger -- something
> else perhaps where we can chat quick?
>
> On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 7:17 PM <coco at jechar.ca> wrote:
>
>> I just downloaded the Fuzix update it freezes at
>> "Unknown error 13 in rc".
>>
>> I assume that rc is like the rc.local in linux.
>>
>> Charlie

Whatever you did fixed it.

However I broke it almost immediately.
Beyond repair I think this hapened because I tryed
to use vi but ESC is like turning off the power in
mame.

These were my observations.

I see that there is no dir command and that ls
lists things vertically allowing for very few items
to show I suppose an option changes this but man ls
tells me there is no manual entry for ls.

What I would really like that would make Fuzix useful to me.

0. I assume there is a shutdown command if there isn't
    there should be.
1. wget & ftp-client the fuzix system should have it's
    own IP in the network.
2. The ability to mount OS9, vfat, iso and RSDOS drives.
3. Remote access with ssh.
4. nano instead of vi
5. More robust file system loosing power should
    not destroy the system. Repair should not mean
    haveing to type y a hundred times.

These are the MINIMUM.

Extended Wish List: These would be nice but not so necessary.

1. A browser like lynx or elinks with support for
the drivewire protocol.
2. Use of the arrow keys to call back commands.
3. A file browse like Midnight Commander.

---