[Coco] Some List Oddities...

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz dennis at maltedmedia.com
Wed Jun 17 06:29:46 EDT 2020

Andrew,

I manage the list.

As far as skipping days, I don't know. Could be low message volume on
the holiday. There were no messages on 6/8 and 6/9, for example. Did you
get a digest? On the other hand, there were many messages on 12/31/19
and 1/1/20. The server is on Central Time, so that may affect digest
dates. Sometimes digests seem short but may have contained messages that
were longer before the HTML was stripped; I don't know. Both length of
digest and frequency of automatic digests are taken into account as
well.

Since all the messages are archived and available to subscribers to the
list, I really don't pay much attention to the digest.

Here's a good summary of the Mailman options that are variously set:

<https://www.technology.pitt.edu/help-desk/how-to-documents/mailman-advanced-preferences-list-administrators>

Dennis