[Coco] SD to CF adapter in a CF to IDE adapter

David Ladd davidwladd at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 19:56:05 EDT 2020

On Mon, Jul 27, 2020 at 10:20 AM rietveld rietveld <rietveldh at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> I am using a CF as drive 0 , and just tried replacing my physical drive 1
> with a CF to IDE then the SD to CF in place of a CF card.    The coco gives
> an IO error when i try to open DRIVE 0

The CF to IDE adapter you are using has to have jumpers on it to be able to
switch between master and slave selects.  Otherwise the CF to IDE adapters
default to Master.

Which in this case might be why the when you are hooking up a second CF
card you can't access the main one.

As far as SD to CF goes I have been using one in my SuperIDE without
problem in place of the old CF card that died that I was using.

As far as the IDE port goes I am planning on using that with a IDE DVD ROM
drive for use with NitrOS-9.