[Coco] High(Er) speed cassette loading.

John Kowalski sockmaster at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 16:07:23 EST 2020

On 12/30/20, Allen Huffman <alsplace at pobox.com> wrote:
> This sounds like a DTMF decoded routine. I suppose the test would be to see
> how many tones the CoCo could reliable distinguish, and how fast. Audio
> Spectrum Analyzer showed it could generally detect many. Interesting.

It's not even that complicated, it'd just be a refinement of the
existing way cassette loading/saving works.    Think of it as
different patterns representing bits - instead of just two patterns
//////\\\\\\ representing 1  and ///\\\ representing 0,
more patterns could be used  //////\\\ to represent 10, ///\\\\\\
representing 01...
and if we add even more lengths of / and \ to the mix we could
represent 3 bits or more in a single waveform.

--
John Kowalski / Sock Master
http://users.aei.ca/twilight/sock