[Coco] High(Er) speed cassette loading.

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Wed Dec 30 15:54:27 EST 2020

On Dec 30, 2020, at 2:43 PM, John Kowalski <sockmaster at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure how reliable this would all be but the first two ideas
> don't actually require better fidelity, they only use the existing
> fidelity more efficiently.

This sounds like a DTMF decoded routine. I suppose the test would be to see how many tones the CoCo could reliable distinguish, and how fast. Audio Spectrum Analyzer showed it could generally detect many. Interesting.

When I first started running StG Net on OS-9, I though the network transfers were not working. I saw both my TX and RX lights on at the same time on the modem. Turns out, Scott Griepentrog was just sending and receiving at the same time, something other BBSes I’d seen did not do. They’d just upload a big file, then download a file, or whatever. I thought that was brilliant.

I do recall there was a CoCo 1 terminal program that claimed to allow two people to do that (exchange at the same time).