[Coco] Where can I find information on using the Cartridge port for I/O ?

Neil Cherry ncherry at linuxha.com
Thu Dec 24 20:29:30 EST 2020

On 12/24/20 6:58 PM, Rick Ulland wrote:
> The keyboard connector/Mylar ribbon is a sore spot. If Tandy had only sprung for a SIP pin header and some wires...
>
> Have a look at the CD4066 'quad bilateral switch'. It connects anything that needs a switch, even analog bidirectional. Dime a
> switch, but needs no support beyond a decouple cap and can be powered by a potato. I really like these things as a no-brainer
> drop in.

Thanks, I'll look into those. Another gentleman suggest one of the 8x8 matrix switches.

I have the transistors, hundreds of them, so I'll start with those. I also have a
Fubarino (PIC32 based Arduino) also to start with. I don't know if it can handle USB
directly but I can start with serial.

> PS: Insteon? I have a good bit of abandoned Insteon hardware from the old Mr House days. Will have to have a read on (and get
> some vinegar to clean all those battery wells).

I've given up on X10 and Insteon. as the Power Line devices age the signal weakens.
I've switched to ZigBee, Z-Wave and WiFi. This has been much more reliable. I'm no
longer using Mr. House. I've switch over to some custom node-red (Javascript) software.
I like it. :-)

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at linuxha.com